mkfs.ubifs, ubinize, ubiupdatevol request!

Nancy nancydreaming at gmail.com
Thu May 29 03:02:29 EDT 2008

Hi all,
       First of all, please accept my deeply apologize to Artem
Bityutskiy. I'm sorry for my bad question expression and bad attitude.
No matter what, I should be thankful for all your replies to me.
That's all my bad, so sorry!
       I still need your guilde and help, please!

       # mkfs.vfat /dev/ubiblock0
       the cp file speed is 800kb/s -1.3Mb/s. on target board. but
when connect with PC.
       # modprobe g_file_storage file=/dev/ubiblock0
      cp files speed too slow about 200kb/s, But after use windows
fast FAT32 format program, the cp speed up to 800kb/s -1.3Mb/s.

       I don't know what's the detail differences between mkfs.vfat
and windows format program.  For me, the speed problem is really hard
to find. Is there anyone who can give me a hint?

       What I do know is mkfs.vfat will write LEB from 0-N
continuesly, but windows format program will write LEB from 0-N plus
the last LEB.
       If I use windows format program to avoid the speed problem,
then the new problem comes out.
       when I dump VFAT volume to a file, there have ummapped LEBs in
between Cause the windows format program will write the last LEB. But
I can't dump the ummaped LEBs to files due to the dump file size
limitation. So I have to teach ubiupdatevol and ubinize to .....   Oh
please, that's really hard things for me.

To mkfs.ubifs:
       How about give each Mapped LEB an header( long long lnum )? So the
image file content structure looks like:
long long lnum |  LEB |  long long lnum | LEB | ...........................

To ubinize and ubiupdatvol, the implement logic maybe easier.

But, I have not enought knowlege to change mkfs.ubifs work that way.
So, will you please help?

Thanks a lot!
Apologize again!

--