Help needed with MTD on AT91SAM9263-EK please.

James jamessteward at optusnet.com.au
Fri May 23 02:38:04 EDT 2008

Hi Richard,

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 08:26 +0200, Richard Genoud wrote:
> I didn't have those kind of problems with the sam9263-ek
> have you tried to erase the device, mount it with jffs2 or yaffs2,
> write a file, unmount, mount and read back the file ?

Yup.  I have used the examples from linux4sam.org, which use a jffs2
file system.

The NAND flash was erased and root jffs2 image written using the SAM-BA
utility, then boot the kernel to use this as its rootfs.  It mounts ok
to begin with, then I get heaps of jffs2 warnings and finally a kernel
bug, I think at fs/jffs2/file.c:251 (I don't have the system here at
home.)

What version of kernel, patches and compiler are you using?

I did try briefly with yaffs2, but I don't think the problem is in the
file system, more the underlying access to the NAND flash.  Maybe in the
chip timing, or something.  I haven't yet investigated that properly.

Regards,
James.