New thread [BUG] JFFS2 usage of write_begin and write_end functions causes kernel panic

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri May 9 04:12:11 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 15:51 +1000, James wrote:
> I've just subscribed.  I saw this in the archives and it matches
> exactly what I'm seeing on an AT91SAM9263-EK board.  I have 4 such
> boards.  2 work ok, the other 2 exhibit this problem.  I'm using
> 2.6.24 + patches from linux4sam.org.  I'm using soft ECC.  There are
> no bad blocks detected by U-boot.

You possibly need the patch in commit abe2f4143?

> I realise I should not have started a new thread, so is there a way I
> could reply to a message on the list archive?

The first link on the archived mail, despite appearing to be the address
of the person who sent the mail, actually has a mailto: link which will
send mail to the list -- and will get the threading right, if your MUA
is behaving itself properly.

--
dwmw2