JFFS2 Cleanmarker Issue

Kyungmin Park kmpark at infradead.org
Sun Jun 29 21:08:04 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:08 AM,  <suresh at mistralsolutions.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Quoting Sudeep K N <sudeepholla.maillist at gmail.com>:
>> No cleanmarker doesnot always start from 1st byte
>> The position of cleanmarker depends on the oobfree area specified by
>> you through
>> struct nand_ecclayout
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Sudeep
>
> I think I found the reason for the issue. I forgot to mention that we
> are using oneNAND. OneNAND uses the fragmented OOB, which I think is
> not supported by Jffs2 and oneNAND driver in 2.6.16-rc3.
>
> Thanks,
> Suresh

In the early stage, it doesn't handle not-alinged oob access and use
the MTD_OOB_PLACE.
If you don't need to use 2.6.16-rc3, please use the latest kernel or
later version.
or simple hack, please modify oobfree value from {2, 3} to {2, 4},
{18, 3->4} and so one, but not recommend.

Thank you,
Kyungmin Park