diskonchip md2202-d256

Sarah Diesburg diesburg at cs.fsu.edu
Wed Jun 18 11:13:04 EDT 2008

My research group is experimenting with diskonchip, and we have two of
the DoC 2000 256MB DIPs.  We eventually would like to mount ext3 on top
of inftl in Linux.  We are using a 2.6.25.6 kernel, and we have grabbed
the latest mtd utilities from the git repository.

We have had a hard time coming by a how-to with the latest kernels and
modules, so I wanted to post our proposed methodology here.  Does the
following sequence of events look right?

1. modprobe diskonchip

2. go into the mtd-utils directory and run the "MAKEDEV" script to
create the /dev/mtd* entries and the /dev/inftla entries.

3. ntfl_format -i /dev/mtd0

4. modprobe inftl

5. fdisk /dev/inftla and partition as a disk

6. mkfs.ext3 /dev/inftla

7. mount -t ext3 /dev/inftla /mnt

Thanks for your help!

-- Sarah