DiskOnChip Millennium Plus 32MB

Mark Salter msalter at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 10:39:54 EDT 2008

I have a box with a Millennium Plus 64MB part (MD3331-D64-V3) which is
really just two 32MB parts on the same die. I'm not having much luck
with mtd, though. If I use docprobe/doc2000plus/inftl, I get a message
from inftl saying that the old (doc2000plus) driver is not supported and
I should use the diskonchip driver under the nand directory. This was
discussed a couple of years ago and a patch was claimed to be nearly

The current nand/diskonchip.c has this:

  case DOC_ChipID_DocMilPlus32:
    printk(KERN_ERR "DiskOnChip Millennium Plus 32MB is not supported, ignoring.\n");
   ret = -ENODEV;
   goto notfound;

So it seems the 32MB support never showed up. Am I missing anything? Was
the patch ever submitted?