Intel Turbo Memory

Jörn Engel joern at logfs.org
Thu Jun 5 02:48:14 EDT 2008

On Wed, 4 June 2008 15:58:34 -0700, Russell Fleitman wrote:

> Hello, I have searched the archives of this list and have found no references to Intel Turbo Memory or Robson.
>
> Has anyone heard of these chips working?
>
> I have the output from dmesg and lspci ready to post but thought I would ask if I am barking up the wrong tree first.

It appears as if those devices are raw flash and could be accessed
through mtd - provided someone either has documentation or creates some
by reverse engineering.

I have tried to obtain documentation and failed.  My best guess is that
it is as dead as hybrid disks - those simply don't perform.  It would be
neat to use for different purposes, but Intel doesn't seem to see a
business case anymore and won't ship either a Linux driver or
documentation.

In short: forget about it. :)

Jörn

--
When in doubt, punt.  When somebody actually complains, go back and fix it...
The 90% solution is a good thing.