ubifs, ubiblk(formatted with vfat) and yaffs2 test.

KeunO Park lastnite at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 00:06:41 EDT 2008

>> ok. here is my simple test.
>>
>> 1. make a random dumped file in sdram area.
>> # cd /dev/shm/tmp
>> # dd if=/dev/urandom of=test.out bs=1M count=10
>> because ubifs uses compressor, I made a random data file for test.
>>
>> 2. make another shell script.
>> # cat test_write.sh
>> #!/bin/sh
>> /bin/cp /dev/shm/tmp/test.out /nand_partition
>> /bin/sync
>
> In my previous mail, I described why the load will jump up when you do
> like this, please refer to that mail again.
>
> I suggest you to mount the file-system with '-o sync' option and measure
> load average.

Hi, I tested again with '-o sync'. :-)

UBIFS LZO (mounted with '-o sync,noatime' option)
16.93sec 590KB/s
load avg : 0.00 -> 0.36

UBIFS No Compressor (mounted with '-o sync,noatime' option)
13.38sec 747KB/s
load avg : 0.00 -> 0.29

YAFFS2 (mounted with '-o sync,noatime' option)
12.25sec 816KB/s
load avg : 0.00 -> 0.15

regards,
KeunO Park.