[RFC] Reinstate NFS exportability for JFFS2.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jul 31 20:52:56 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 01:40 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> For any file system which has its own internal locking -- which includes
> jffs2, btrfs, xfs, jfs, gfs*, ocfs* and probably others -- that
> recursive call back into the file system will deadlock.

It _would_ deadlock, I mean. They each have their own strategy to avoid
it, for now. jffs2 and btrfs just don't provide export_ops so they avoid
the problem, but we'd _like_ to be able to export them. xfs has the hack
I've just transplanted. gfs2 has a 'lock is owned by me' check. Not sure
about the others.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation