[patch 02/13] jffs2 summary allocation: don't use vmalloc()

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 31 04:21:22 EDT 2008

On Thursday 31 July 2008, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Yes. We're planning to change the API so it looks a lot more like the
> block layer, and a lot less like the one we inherited from PCMCIA in the
> 1990s.

Yeah, there are still a few "old" driver structures lingering.  And
I expect the Linux community understands a LOT more about MTD than
it did way back in the day ... :)

> One of the design considerations we've spoken about has been the
> fact that we want to make DMA work properly.

Glad to hear that.  But am I right in reading between the lines that
this isn't "soon"?  So that the issue addressed by $SUBJECT won't be
able to rely on that as its fix.

- Dave