Flash device refused suspend due to active operation (state 0)

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Thu Jul 10 09:39:46 EDT 2008

I have, from time to time, the following strange thing on my
device:

# sync
# shutdown -r 0

Broadcast message from root (tts/2) (Thu Jan  1 00:01:24 1970):

The system is going down for reboot NOW!
INIT: Switching to runlevel: 6
INIT: Sending processes the TERM signal
INIT: Sending pStopping Dropbear SSH server:
stopped /usr/sbin/dropbear (pid 211)
dropbear.
Stopping syslogd/klogd: stopped syslogd (pid 218)
stopped klogd (pid 220)
done
Deconfiguring network interfaces... done.
Stopping vncserver: done
Sending TERM signal...
Sending KILL signal...
Flash device refused suspend due to active operation (state 0)
Restarting system.

This is on 2.6.25.7, PXA255, with:

flash: Found 2 x16 devices at 0x0 in 32-bit bank
flash: Found an alias at 0x2000000 for the chip at 0x0
erase region 0: offset=0x0,size=0x40000,blocks=128
0x00000000-0x00040000: "Boot"
0x00040000-0x00140000: "Linux"
0x00140000-0x02000000: "Files"
VFS: Mounted root (jffs2 filesystem).

CONFIG_MTD=y
CONFIG_MTD_PARTITIONS=y
CONFIG_MTD_BLKDEVS=y
CONFIG_MTD_BLOCK=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI=y
CONFIG_MTD_GEN_PROBE=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_ADV_OPTIONS=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_NOSWAP=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_GEOMETRY=y
CONFIG_MTD_MAP_BANK_WIDTH_4=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I2=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_INTELEXT=y
CONFIG_MTD_CFI_UTIL=y
CONFIG_MTD_PXA2XX=y

Any hint on how I could debug this?

I'm not sure if this is related to a problem that I have from
time to