MTD nand device mount problem

Tushar Kapse tusharkapse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 07:02:55 EST 2008

Hi,
           I am working on the PXA-255 (armV5T) board with 128mb nand support.
To boot the board using MTD nand, I did the following steps:
1. Booted the board using ram filesystem.
2. Using the mtd utility "flash_eraseall" erased the partition /dev/mtd0
    ./flash_eraseall -j /dev/mtd0
3. Using the mtd utility "nandwrite" wrote the jffs2 filesystem image
to /dev/mtd0
   ./nandwrite -jf /dev/mtd0 250kb.jffs2
4. After this to verify, I tried to mount /dev/mtdblock0
    where I have received the following error messages,
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 262016
printk: 35 messages suppressed.
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock0, logical block 32752
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 262016
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock0, logical block 32752
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock0, logical block 0
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock0, logical block 0
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock0, logical block 0
end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 0

What could be the problem?

Regards,

Tushar Kapse