Adding a function pointer to mtd_info struct

Justin Treon justin_treon at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 12:28:13 EST 2008

I am trying to add some new features in my kernel to cfi_cmd_0001.c for a test chip.
 I added a new field to the mtd_info struct in mtd.h and inserted the function
pointer into the mtd->overwrite field I added in cfi_cmd_0001.c, but when I try to
use mtd->overwrite in mtdblock.c the pointer is set to NULL.

In the mtd_info struct in include/mtd/mtd.h I addded:
	int (*overwrite) (struct mtd_info *mtd, loff_t to, size_t len, size_t *retlen,
const u_char *buf);

In cfi_cmd_0001.c I added:
	mtd->overwrite = cfi_intelext_overwrite_buffers;

What file or field do I need to modify to make new function accessible from
mtdblock.c?

Justin Treon