problem with 2k page NAND with squashfs

Adams Richard-W36112 rgadams at motorola.com
Tue Jan 22 09:15:29 EST 2008

 I have an arm-based embedded system running a 2.6.10 kernel. I'm using
a squashfs file system (read only) on the Flash device. The system was
working fine with a 512 byte page Flash part. I started having problems
when I upgraded to a 2048 byte page Flash part. When I mount the squash
file system, it can successfully find the super block, but squashfs
fails (unable to read inode [5ff3:120]) when it try's to finish the
mount. My suspicions are that with the older kernel (2.6.10) it may not
fully support the larger page devices. Is there an achieve of patches
that are applicable for a 2.6.10 kernel? I tried to look through the
mailing list archive, but without a search tool and not knowing what
month I'm looking for the task became tedious.

Rick Adams
(858) 404-3091  -- Motorola Office
(858) 775-1136  -- cell phone