Micron NAND support in linux MTD

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Fri Jan 18 05:18:07 EST 2008

Hi,

I found on MTD mailing list your patch that adds Micron manufacturer ID:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.mtd/17694

I'm going to use NAND Micron devices for a new project however I still
have a doubt about how MTD/JFFS2 handle bad blocks. To detect blocks
marked as bad it checks the 6th location of OOB area of first page, thus
it seems it is not able to handle Micron devices properly. In fact these
devices stores bad block marker in the first location of OOB of first or
second page (for example see page 50 of MT29F1GxxABB data sheet). Am I
misreading the datasheet? Could you help me to clear this point?

Thanks in advance,
llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it