JFFS2 access time

DMcLeod dmcleod at bittware.com
Wed Jan 16 08:57:50 EST 2008

Hi all,

We are using uClinux git 2.6.23. We have 4 2.5MB files sitting in a
directory on a ~40MB jffs2 partition (on NOR flash). The very first time
we do an 'ls' in that directory, the response takes literally minutes.
After the initial delay, any accesses to those files are very
quick.,,Originally, we started off with the Microtronix 1.4 kernel and
it did not have this problem. The pre-git version of uClinux-dist had
this problem but not as severe - it was more like 40 seconds to list the
contents of that directory.

Thanks in advance,