Mark OneNAND bad block good again?

Pete MacKay linux01 at architechnical.net
Wed Feb 20 19:31:34 EST 2008

Does anyone with OneNAND savvy (KP?) know if a block that's marked bad can
be restored again somehow?  We've tried overwriting the OOB and erasing
but the controller always sets the ERROR bit without changing the BB
value.  We've got some boards with corrupted OneNANDs due to low-level
programming errors overwriting the BB byte, but I maintained a list of
factory-marked bad blocks for these units before they went out (having
made this mistake previously myself ;).

I know we've got a mix of rev M, A, and B chips, and I swear I remember
being able to do this on a prototype unit when the OneNAND first came out,
but maybe I'm just senile.

Thanks!
Pete