ubi-utils: Moving mkpfi, pfiflash, ... to old-tools

Frank Haverkamp haver at vnet.ibm.com
Mon Feb 18 08:49:40 EST 2008

Hi Artem,

I saw that you moved the old ubi-toolchain to the old-tools directory
with the comment "sort-me-out" in your git-commits.

We need the tool-chain to generate PFI files for the code-update
process. Those pfi-files are suited to be used in streaming mode
together with the pfiflash utility. We use the for NOR and NAND flash
system the same pfi. Therefor the pfi format does not contain flash
geometry information e.g. vid-hdr-offset, erase-block size.

I, and maybe some others on the CC list, would like to see those tools
moved from the "sort-me-out" section again into the ubi-tools directory.
Please let us know, what you think, needs to be done to get this done.

Thanks,

Frank
--
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH, Schoenaicher Str. 220, 71032
Boeblingen, Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter