ubifs: partition won't mount: duplicate sqnum in replay ???

Cal Page pagcal at runbox.com
Tue Dec 30 13:32:17 EST 2008

I had back ported ubifs_shrinker and it does get called from
__alloc_pages as it should.

Here's a failing case:

If /var/log is on the nand, and I do a (cd /var/log; tar -cvf
/someotherdevice.tar .) I notice ubifs_shrinker get called. nr is 128,
and clean_zn_cnt starts out at 1500 or so. But after tar has run a bit,
clean_zn_cnt bobbles around 400 or so. If I then kill the tar, and wait
about a minuite, clean_zn_cnt makes it back up to the 1500.

The system I'm running on may not have enough memory to support PEAK
UBIFS demands.

Where is the code that recycles the memory? Is it the per file system
daemons that get created on mount? How can I change the memory hold
timers in UBIFS so it'll let go a lot earlier?

I can't get it to crash when the CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB_LEAK is on as the
system runs that much slower.

Attched are cats of proc/slabinfo.txt and slab_allocators.txt

Cal Page