[linux-users-list] Data loss on unclean powercycle with JFFS2/NAND

Joseph Cheek joseph.cheek at timesys.com
Wed Dec 17 23:43:37 EST 2008

Hi Manu,

I don't know about the JFFS2 issue, but does this sed need to happen
dynamically?  Can you instead just ship the pre-modified inittab?

If not, you could possibly try sed -i (inplace edit) if you are using
sed proper and not busybox sed.  That might shorten the amount of time
in which inittab is in an in-between state.

Thanks!

Joseph Cheek, joseph.cheek at timesys.com
Packaging Technologies Team Lead
TimeSys Corp., www.timesys.com