[NAND] Need suggestions for writing a driver for 32G-bit NAND FLASH(4K-byte page)

Du Zhongdong axdududu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 04:44:39 EST 2008

Hi, all.

I'm trying to write a driver for 32G-bit NAND FLASH(4K-byte page,
Named K9LBG08U0M ), kernel version being 2.6.20.21.

          ~~~~~~~~~~~

After skimming through the files in the directory
linux/drivers/mtd/nand,  I think I should:
1. add "struct nand_ecclayout nand_oob_128" to the file nand_base.c
2. add  "{"NAND 4GiB 3,3V 8-bit",
         	0xD7, /* the device code*/
                0,  /* pagesize field.     I  follow the "16 Gigabit"
example, would somebody give an explanation? */
                8192,/*there's 8192 blocks in the chip*/
                0, /*  erasesize field.    I  follow the "16 Gigabit"
example, would somebody give an explanation? */
                LP_OPTIONS},
  to the file nand_ids.c

Is there anything else I should notice to driver the NAND FLASH?   I'm
a newbie to this field.

Best regards,
Du Zhongdong