Problems with JFFS2 FS during parallel write operations

Ostendorf, Rainer Rainer.Ostendorf at BENNING.de
Mon Dec 1 02:36:41 EST 2008

Hi list,

i'm still working on the problem described in my previous post:

[...]
> During normal operation the system runs perfectly stable, but when i
> start two processes running parallel, writing huge amounts of data
> to the flash device, i get error
> messages from the JFFS2 filesystem:

> argh. node added in wrong place
> argh. node added in wrong place
>
> This message repeats for about 15-20 times while copying parallel 2
> files of about 6MByte to the flash via Ethernet (SCP).
[...]

As i can only reproduce the corruption of the JFFS2 FS during parallel access of at leat two processes writing to the flash, i assume that the cause for the corruption is some kind of race-condition. Have there been any known problems/bugs with race conditions, that could lead to an error like this? Would it probably help to upgrade to a newer kernel version? Any hint and help would be greatly appreciated.

best regards,
Rainer

Benning Elektrotechnik und Elektronik GmbH & Co. KG Bocholt
Handelsregister Coesfeld HRA-Nr. 4661
Persönlich haftende Gesellschaft: Benning GmbH
Handelsregister Coesfeld HRB-Nr. 7772
Geschäftsführer: Th. Benning