SV: SV: Jffs2 crach in 2.6.25.6.atmel.1

Eirik Aanonsen eaa at wprmedical.com
Sun Aug 17 08:34:57 EDT 2008

> That just shouldn't happen. It doesn't matter that u-boot has the
first
> blocks reserved -- those aren't counted in this, which is about the
> _logical_ partition. JFFS2 doesn't know that they exist at all.
>
> Can you put a hardware watchpoint on c->blocks[0] and see when it's
> getting scribbled on? Or failing that, set up a software check on
every
> interrupt, to BUG() if it's set to 0xffffffff.
>
> (Assuming you only have one JFFS2 fs, you can hack jffs2 to store 'c'
in
> a global variable, then put a hack into the core interrupt handler
code
> to do something like:
> 	if (jffs2_c && jffs2_c->blocks &&
> 	    jffs2_c->blocks[0] == 0xffffffff)
> 		breakpoint();  // or BUG();
>
> --
> David Woodhouse                            Open Source Technology
Centre
> David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel
Corporation

Hi

Thanks for replying so quickl.

I'm trying to figure out where to extract the c node from in the jffs2
code.
So I get the node tree each time the structure is being used.
Should I place some code to extract the information possibly in:
malloc.c ,scan.c or nodelist.c (under fs/jffs2)?

Or should I place the code for storing the c value in multiple places

I have multiple jffs2 partitions in my system,
but I can easy separate them by checking the number of erase blocks in
each one.

Regards

Eirik Aanonsen
SW Developer