[U-Boot] U-Boot and UBI

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Aug 11 16:02:24 EDT 2008

On Monday 11 August 2008, Kyungmin Park wrote:
> Actually the Samsung implemented the UBI support on U-boot already and
> has used it internally. The big difference is the code base. It's
> based on kernel UBI code. Yes it's not fit well to u-boot ecosystem so
> it created the ubi wrapper for u-boot.

And how does NAND/OneNAND booting with UBI support fit into this? I assume
that you have some size restrictions for the IPL/SPL on your platforms as
well.

<snip>

> I want to know what's the better way if there are two code bases.
>
> Please give any options and comments

As Josh already mentioned, your version might be better suited as a basis for
mainline inclusion because its more feature complete and probably is for a
newer U-Boot version.

So best would be to publish your UBI support too, then we can compare and
decide where to go.

> Thank you,
> Kyungmin Park
>
> P.S., we will post the patches ASAP

Do you have a rough idea when you could publish your patches?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de