scan.c

Gayan Prabodha Hettiarachchi gprabodha at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 23:40:38 EDT 2008

1.
I'm poting mtd driver on 2.6.14 to Spansion MirrorBit S29WS256N 32MB NOR flash device and accoding to my map file I make four static partitions in following sizes,
mtdblock0 256KB
mtdblock1 1.75MB
mtdblock2 30MB
mtdblock3 2MB

But I found in the older version of my map file it allocates partitions as follows,
mtdblock0 1MB
mtdblock1 2MB
mtdblock2 24MB
mtdblock3 2MB

There is unpartitioned space. Is there any usage of that space?

2.
In kernel configuration I remove ftl support and it works fine. But if I remove nftl occurs a kernel panic even though I didn't use NAND flashes. Is that possible? What would be the reason for that?

Thank you.
Regards,
Gayan.