ubi-utils

Nancy nancydreaming at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 07:49:23 EDT 2008

> > unubi need a image file as one of its parameter, its job seems like
> > ubiupdatevol do, but I need an opposite function. I need a tool to
> > generate a volume image
>
> I do not think you got it right because its input file it flash dump,
> but we do not have anything else at the moment.

Yes, its input file is ubi image.
Where is the old ubi-utils' user manual? At least, hope the code
producer give those tools' usage examples and briefly tell those
tools' function. Thanks in advance!

Ok, so I have to build this tool by myself. Cause there's no tools
like mkfs.ubifs for vfat filesystem. That's the only way to generate a
image file the same format like the ubifs.img and all those images can
be integrated by ubinize to generate a final ubi image file, then
nandwrite to complete the Nand flash burn job.

Or, I make all UBIFS volumes in one MTD partition, VFAT as the only
volume in another MTD partition, attache two MTD partition to UBI.
Then I do not need to write any tools, but use traditional nandread,
nandwrite(fixed FF) for VFAT. How about this? Does attach 2 MTD
partition as 2 UBI devices eat system resources a lot? slow down the
Nand read or write speed?

Any suggestion?   Thanks!

--
Best wishes,