[MLC NAND] Is NOP=1 a problem for marking block bad?

rohit h hrohit85 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 05:53:52 EDT 2008

Hi all
MLC (Multi Level Cell ) NAND has NOP (Number of Partial page Operations) 1.
So we can write only once to a page before erasing it.
We mark a block bad when either block erase operation or page program
operation fails.
In the case when page program operation fails and we attempt to mark
the block bad,
will not the 2nd write to the first page of that block be a violation
of NOP 1 limitation?
My concern is whether the bad mark will be written properly or not in this case.
Thanks,
Rohit