Is there possible to integrate mtd ubi ubifs latest version in one git tree?

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Apr 16 02:11:09 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 08:04 -0400, Nancy wrote:
> >  Then first of all you cannot use the default 4096 UBI WL threshold. Make
> >  it 256 for example. 4K is almost lifetime of your eraseblock!
>        Why 4K is almost lifetime of my eraseblock? the specs says 10K,
> how you result that number 4?
I meant they are close and you should use something an order of
magnitude less then 4K.

>        How to set the WL threshold? any equation?
No equation. I'd suggest 256 for you. There is a configuration option
for this.

>        When eraseblock counter exceed 2*WL threshold, it will be less
> used, move its data to seldom used eraseblock?
>        Why WL can't just simply pick up the min used PEB to be the
> next block to use?

Consider a situation when you have static data, which never changes, and
it sits a a subset of eraseblock N, while the rest of the flash is
intensively used. In this case UBI moves data from N to more worn-out
eraseblocks, and start using N. And the threshold says which should be
the difference between erase-counter of eraseblocks N and the other
ones, roughly speaking.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)