Question about ubimkvol vs. mkfs.ubifs

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Mon Apr 7 16:07:35 EDT 2008

> Is it a secret what is your flash and what is its size? If it is NAND
> I'd recommend you to test it with Adrian's NAND tests:
> git://infradead.org/~ahunter/nand-tests.git

Nope, no secret.  We're using Samsung K9WAG08U1A NAND parts in 2GiB, 4GiB,
and 8GiB configurations.  At least we're hoping to get the 4 and 8GiB
configurations working.  I've run into a problem in the MTD layer with the
size field.  It's a 32-bit field which isn't big enough to store
0x100000000 or 0x200000000 which we need for the two larger
configurations.  Just changing it to a 64-bit field introduces problems
with other code, so we're looking at using more than one NAND controller
in our FPGA and concatenating the NAND chips at the MTD level.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on the NAND tests.

Bruce