modify boot environment parameters

Saravanan Chanemouganandam schane at osmozis.com
Mon Sep 24 03:28:07 EDT 2007

Hello Denk,

I am using proprietary (ARMmon) binary version of bootloader (like u-boot and
not u-boot bootloader) that gives support to modify environment variables
only from the bootloader prompt. But, In my case, I want to modify boot
environment option
"root=/dev/mtdblock1" to "root=/dev/mtdblock2" and viceversa on successive
reboot.

The environment variables are stored at the offset 0x00050000  ( 4th block) on
the NOR flash (/dev/mtdblock0).

Is there any utility tool to access and modify a particular block 0x00050000
on the NOR flash ? I came across u-boot/tools/env but its ment for u-boot.
Will it give support to other flash env access with some modification ?

Thanks
Sara