Clobbered file after jffs2 mount

Brian T btuch at usa.net
Sat Sep 22 10:43:23 EDT 2007

Been reading this thread, and I was wondering what kind of hardware this is running on? I
remember running into something like this a few years ago on my companies own embedded
hardware, and the cause turned out to be a problem with an internal Multitech modem's
firmware on the same bus which was interfering with reading the jffs2 file system.

I would see many ( but not all ) of the sym links on the file system pointing to garbage
links like syslogd -> /m/m/m/m/m/m/m/s/s/s/s/e/e/e/ and also other programs on the system
would not run properly.  After a reboot they would be fine for days to weeks.

Thought I would offer that up.

-Brian