mkfs.jffs2 and mksum

Timo Piiroinen timo.piiroinen at tut.fi
Wed Sep 19 10:24:00 EDT 2007

Artem Bityutskiy kirjoitti:
> On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 17:03 +0300, Timo Piiroinen wrote:
>
>> Yes it is NAND flash. I tried to add dummy file to my filesystem to
>> increase the size of image and after that remove that dummy file to free
>> space, unfortunately I couldn't remove the file cause the filesystem was
>> 100% full,
>> and that's the real problem.
>>

> Just do not pad FS image at all. You do not have to. Just leave the rest
> of the flash to contain all 0xFF, i.e., erase it before flashing.

I use the redboot bootloader to flash image (using fis create), if I
flash with lenght parameter same as image size it won't work, cause
after that there is mtd/2 which is length of image and mtd/3 which
contains rest of free flash (and I want mtd/2 to use all available flash).
I'll try to create image using legth of free flash and write rest of it
after jffs2 image (unused part) with 0xFF.