flash_eraseall -- JFFS2 -- NAND

Ken Chan ck00088 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 10:00:57 EDT 2007

Hello, I have a MICRON NAND Flash on my board. I am using 2.6.16 Kernel. I tried to do "flash_eraseall -j /dev/mtdblock8" to erase my NAND Flash. "flash_eraseall" put the cleanmarker to the NAND Flash. After it completed, I power cycle my target. In the "nand_scan" function, it kept reporting "Bad eraseblock" for the entire NAND Flash. Anyone knows where my problem is? I believe my low level read and write functions are working properly. Anyone can provide me some hints? Thanks ken