FTLs for NANDSim

Sun Devil sundevil007 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 12:22:34 EDT 2007

Hi  All ...

I'm a newbie to Flash, and actually found NANDSim pretty much
interesting to make my own FTL to interface on to it and measure
several metrics of the existing FTLs too. But, I'm stumped by the fact
that NANDSim runs in Kernel Mode. Can you kindly clarify my following
questions?

1. Can we write an user level FTL and interface with NANDSim, so that,
for the application, simulated flash appears to be a physical device,
and I can format the same volume in what ever way possible?

2. Do you have any implementations of FTL at Kernel level?

3. Are there any NAND Flash simulators that you know of apart from NANDSim?

Thanks a lot!!

Rgds
Sai