Jffs2 mounting problem on NOR flash

Sameer x0081444 at ti.com
Tue Oct 16 09:51:43 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am working on Intel NOR flash driver on OMAP based board.
I am testing Sibley NOR flash driver.
The flash used is Intel M18 flash with size 128MB.

Following is scenario
Mounting jffs2 fs on NOR fs partition.
I am able to mount jffs2 on NOR partition sometimes and perform file operations.
Sometime I am getting the following messages on the console

	SR.4 or SR.5 bits set in buffer write (status a0). Clearing.
	Newly-erased block contained word 0xef9bab5a at offset 0x07c00000
	omapflash.0: buffer write error (status 0x190)
	Write clean marker to block at 0x07c00000 failed: -22
	SR.4 or SR.5 bits set in buffer write (status a0). Clearing.
	Newly-erased block contained word 0xfffffff7 at offset 0x07bc0000
	omapflash.0: buffer write error (status 0x190)
	Write clean marker to block at 0x07bc0000 failed: -22

But the fs is mounted and I am able to perform the file operations.
The status register value read is 0xa0 which means the erase operation is failing.

I am beginner working on MTD driver, could you please let me know why erase function
is failing sometimes?

Thanks,
-Sameer