DiskOnChip NFTL wear leveling

EricLiu ericliuhx at sina.com
Wed Nov 14 21:26:21 EST 2007

Hi, everyone:

I fdisk my DiskOnChip into two partitions: nftla1 and nftla2. The two
partitions are both formatted as Ext3 filesystem. I want to protect files on
nftla1 from corruption, so I mount nftla1 as readonly. While nftla2 is
mounted as readwrite.
My question is: Will nflta1 be involved into wear leveling even when it is
readonly?

By the way, I have tried to read the output of mtd utility nftldump, but I
have no idea of it. I cannot figure out anything from the output of
nftldump. Is there any document on this?

Thanks and Regards
Eric