Kernel memleak in jffs2_erase_block() (fs/jffs2/erase.c:78)

Jörn Engel joern at logfs.org
Mon Nov 12 07:35:39 EST 2007

On Mon, 12 November 2007 13:30:49 +0100, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> Nope, instr is freed in jffs2_erase_callback() in this case.

Ick!  So this will double-free if an erase method calls the callback
_and_ returns an error.  Given the well-documented interfaces we have, I
wouldn't be surprised to find such a driver.

Oh well, just ignore my patch then.

Jörn

--
Unless something dramatically changes, by 2015 we'll be largely
wondering what all the fuss surrounding Linux was really about.