NAND driver - spare area ecc

Ram vshrirama at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 05:38:07 EST 2007

On 10/22/07, Sameer <x0081444 at ti.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am working on NAND flash driver on TI's OMAP based board.
> NAND is large page nand with 8bit buswidth.
> I need to calculate ecc for the spare area data.
> 1.Does the current linux nand driver support ecc calulation for spare area
>   with hw_ecc/sw_ecc enabled?

     It depends on the driver. which processor are you using?. You
could either use
    software to generate ecc or use the hardware to generate the ecc.

> 2.If not could any one suggest on what data of the spare area info I need to
>   calculate ECC?

     ECC is computed for the data that is stored in that particular
page of the flash.
     ECC and other information like bad block is stored in the spare area.

Regards,
sriram