Current status of UBI

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed May 30 10:42:54 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 07:28 -0700, Jacky Lam wrote:
>     Currently, I am searching for alternative of NFTL.
> I am happy to see that UBI is actively developin.
> Could someone tell me the status of UBI? It is usable
> now?
>
>     Also, NFTL seems only support flash with page size
> 512 only? Is it correctly? Any way to work around
> that?

It is usable, and it is merged to mainline. It is used in production by
some people. We develop a new file-system on top of it
(http://git.infradead.org/?p=users/dedekind/new-ubifs-2.6.git;a=summary)

I also quite quickly fix it when I get a bugreport, so it is maintained.

But make sure you understand that UBI is _NOT_ FTL. If you dig FAQ
(which is partially outdated, but still), you will find explanation why.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)