JFFS2 softlinks problem

MikeW mw_phil at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 21 06:37:26 EDT 2007

Jakub Bednar <bednar <at> hnilux.racom.cz> writes:

> If I fill the NAND JFFS2 partition with data several times, the links from
> rootfs to cramfs and some folders in tmpfs got broken and lot of things
> stop working. After reboot  the links are OK again.
>
> How is it possible? Can something got wrong in RAM? Moving erase blocks
> can broke links?

What do you mean by,
"I fill the NAND JFFS2 partition with data several times ..." ?

I presume the links you refer to are symbolic links (ln -s ...)

You should describe the procedure you use (including setting up the links,
and "filling the partition with data several times") and the problems you
observe, What exactly "stops working" - apart from access to files on the
affected partition(s) ?

Regards,
MikeW