128 MiB NAND flash - all eraseblocks bad

borasah at gmail.com borasah at gmail.com
Mon May 21 06:44:02 EDT 2007

Hi,

After I did some progress on 64MiB NAND flash on the eval board(Au1200 -
DB1200), I decided to try my chance on our custom board.

The NAND part we use in our custom board is K9F1G08U0A. It has (2K + 64) page
size and (128K + 4K) eraseblock size.

Kernel -> 2.6.20.1. Error messages:
	NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xec, Chip ID: 0xf1 (Samsung NAND 128MiB 3,3V
	8-bit)
	Scanning device for bad blocks
	Bad eraseblock 0 at 0x00000000
	Bad eraseblock 1 at 0x00020000
	Bad eraseblock 1022 at 0x07fc0000
	Bad eraseblock 1023 at 0x07fe0000
	Creating 2 MTD partitions on "NAND 128MiB 3,3V 8-bit":
It marks all the eraseblocks as BAD. I tried it in 2.6.11 but the same...

The first thing I suspect was timings. I examined processor and NAND
datasheets; seems processor NAND block timing paramters are slower than
equivalent NAND flash timing paremeters.  Also the driver can access
manufacturer id etc. So I think it shouldnt be a problem. Then I debugged
"nand_scan"(linux-2.6.11) a bit and reached to the point that there may be
some wrong things in "au1xxx_nand_command". What may be the cause of these
error messages? Where should I look at?

Thanks...

--
Bora SAHIN