When to use mtd.h or mtd-user.h

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Tue May 15 11:21:56 EDT 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, MikeW wrote:

> I note some applications for running in userspace say:
> #include <linux/mtd/mtd.h>
> and some say
> #include <mtd/mtd-user.h>
>
> Which is the recommended usage, and why ?

i'm not even sure where that first header file would be coming from.
it's not part of glibc, and it's not created as part of the sanitized
headers by the kernel.  are you sure you've seen that in someone's
*userspace* code?  and the inclusion worked?

in any event, it's that second header file that's correct.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://fsdev.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page