Mounting big endian jffs2 images on mtdram on a x86

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon May 14 20:42:03 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 13:34 +0300, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:

> > I am trying to mount an JFFS2 image made with mkfs.jffs2 on my x86
> > laptop. The image is made with --big-endian set.
>
> I think you cannot do this without re-compiling JFFS2. I am not sure,
> just glance to the code (to je32_to_cpu and the like macros).

Edit fs/jffs2/nodelist.h and set JFFS2_BIG_ENDIAN instead of
JFFS2_NATIVE_ENDIAN.

The reason it's not a runtime option is because that would be quite
slow, and it's a very esoteric feature.

I'm sorry. I should have just made it either big- or little-endian right
from the very beginning and never made the mistake of letting it be
host-endian.

--
dwmw2