Mounting big endian jffs2 images on mtdram on a x86

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hcegtvedt at norway.atmel.com
Mon May 14 10:37:25 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 13:34 +0300, Artem Bityutskiy wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 11:05 +0200, Hans-Christian Egtvedt wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to mount an JFFS2 image made with mkfs.jffs2 on my x86
> > laptop. The image is made with --big-endian set.
>
> I think you cannot do this without re-compiling JFFS2. I am not sure,
> just glance to the code (to je32_to_cpu and the like macros).

Oki, then I at least know where to look. It would have been a nice
feature to add support for choosing endianess when loading the module.

I would not recommend customers or less experienced Linux people to
recompile one of their kernel modules to support big endian JFFS2
images.

<cut jffs2 image mounting>

> > mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /some/mount/point
>
> FYI, mtdblock is not needed and is ancient and confusing way to mount
> jffs2.
>
> http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/jffs2.html#L_mtdblock

Oh, thanks, and as Håvard stated it is also supported in the latest
busybox.

--
Mvh
Hans-Christian Egtvedt