Mounting big endian jffs2 images on mtdram on a x86

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hcegtvedt at norway.atmel.com
Mon May 14 05:05:33 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to mount an JFFS2 image made with mkfs.jffs2 on my x86
laptop. The image is made with --big-endian set.

I do the following:
modprobe mtdram total_size=8192 erase_size=64
modprobe mtdchar
modprobe mtdblock
modprobe jffs2
dd if=jffs2.image of=/dev/mtd0
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock0 /some/mount/point

And I get:
mount: /dev/mtdblock0: can't read superblock

AFAIK this is related to the image being big endian, while my computer
is little endian. The JFFS2 image is valid when I program it into flash
and mount it on my embedded system.

Any hints, tips, how-to's or similar? I have tried google without much
luck.

--
Best regards
Hans-Christian Egtvedt