UBI: Can I boot with an UBI volume holding a root file system?

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Sun May 6 07:55:35 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 11:25 +0000, John Smith wrote:
> I have not done anything explicit about alignment. Have I just been lucky
> because my NAND device works in pages of 512 bytes? The squashfs block size is
> currently 65536 bytes, though may be the word block is describing a different
> concept. Perhaps it would be best to make the squashfs block size the same size
> as the UBI logical erase block size.

Yeah, you probably do not need alignment. mtdblock emulates 512-byte
block device, and since you have NAND, you have 512-bytes-aligned
logical eraseblocks, so everything is fine. But you would need to
specify 512-byte alignment if you had NOR flash, for example.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)