UBI: Can I boot with an UBI volume holding a root file system?

John Smith john at arrows.demon.co.uk
Fri May 4 18:42:52 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am hoping to build a root file system and store it as a squashfs
image in a static UBI volume. What command line should I should pass
to the kernel at boot time?

There are likely to be other UBI volumes in the UBI partition which
will each get mapped to a /dev/mtdblock device. Is it going to be
difficult to identify the major/minor numbers of the device which will
mapped to my squashfs image?

I think that I need to add some initramfs logic, but I am very
uncertain of the details. I will be grateful for any ideas,

Regards,
John

John Smith
Blackburn