JFFS2: Filesystem corruption after umount/mount

Indrek Kruusa indrek.kruusa at artecdesign.ee
Tue Mar 20 08:56:58 EDT 2007

Ühel kenal päeval (teisipäev 20 märts 2007 2:15 pm) kirjutas Michel Marti:
> Hello,
>
> I'm experiencing a strange problem with JFFS2 using Linux
> 2.6.21-rc4-g78157a82 from denx.de on PowerPC. After unmounting and
> remounting the filesystem, some directory entries are corrupt. See the
> transcript below.

 ...snip ...

> Any Hints?

As I remember I have seen such a thing with JFFS2 image built
without --no-cleanmarkers or if src_dir/ had hardlinks inside.
But I had NAND flash and you don't use pre-built FS image here. But you may
try to build one. Also try to mount it read-only.

Best regards,
Indrek