JFFS2 Support for Large Flash Designs

ian at brightstareng.com ian at brightstareng.com
Wed Mar 7 13:17:38 EST 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 12:48, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> SoC devices out of tree are a seperate steaming pile of ... I
> have seen too many chip vendor kernels explode when you just
> try to do anything else than run "hello world" on them.

I agree that this is far from ideal -- I have to deal with this
all the time.  But I also appreciate that some vendors do
actually bother to contribute some base code to support their
designs, even if I have to go in and fix it.

The vendors need to do better job at establishing a framework to
solicit fixes, improvements and new code from their customers,
integrate it, and feed it up the tree into the mainline. It is
clearly to their benefit.

-imcd