JFFS2 Support for Large Flash Designs

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Mar 7 02:09:23 EST 2007

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 19:47, Vitaly Wool wrote:
> Johnson, Charles F wrote:
> >My understanding is that JFFS2 does not support flash file systems
> >larger than 4GB.  What would be the issues with supporting more than 4GB
> >of NAND flash.
>
> Excuse me for the stupid (probably) question, but still: are you sure
> you want to use a single 4GB partition for read/write operations??

I think that for many applications a large partition is preferable to many
small ones.

If you think of something simple like an MP3 player or such, the user does not
want to split up their data according to partitions. Partitions just provide
an artificial constraint that is confusing to many people.

-- Charles